Published: Sep. 1, 2023 at 7:42 AM EDT|Updated: 4 hours ago
A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy sports industry press releases from PR Newswire, including PepsiCo’s “Unretirement” campaign and LG’s partnership with the Yankees.
NEW YORK, Sept. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the sports industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay and Beverages Brands Team Up with NFL Icons and Legends to Celebrate Kickoff with “Unretirement” Campaign
The star-studded TV commercial brings current and former NFL players Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Dan Marino, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Josh Allen – PepsiCo’s newest athlete – together to spotlight the joy of watching football when delicious Frito-Lay snacks and PepsiCo beverages are served.
- Promoting Equality: Women in Sports – Arin Wright photographed by Thomas Chadwick
Female athletes often face systemic inequalities, pay disparities, limited exposure, and reduced sponsorship opportunities. And a topic that is rarely touched on is the challenge of starting a family.
- LG Electronics USA Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the New York Yankees
Fans visiting Yankee Stadium can experience for themselves LG’s award-winning OLED 4K Smart TVs in the LG OLED Sports Lounge, featuring in-game coverage on 13 large screen OLED TV’s. LG is also launching the Life’s Good Sweepstakes giving fans a chance to win prizes including an 83-inch LG OLED evo TV. The sweepstakes runs through October 1, 2023.
- ClashTV Announces First Ever ‘Clash Cup,’ Streaming Live August 30th
The four titans of NYC streetball will compete for a $25,000 cash pool and will also include a dunk contest, and live music by DJ Zookeeper. The event will also include a live appearance by ClashTV’s new Streetball Commissioner Fat Joe.
- “Fan Out Loud” by Rocking Your College Gear with School Pride to Celebrate the 19th Annual College Colors Day
College Colors Day encourages college fans across the country to show their school spirit by wearing their favorite college apparel on a single day.
- 17th Annual Nissan Super Girl Surf Pro Powered by CELSIUS Returns to Iconic Oceanside Pier Sept. 22-24, 2023 with World-Class Professional Surfing and a Free Music Festival
The nationally televised event is the largest female surf contest in the world, with more than 140 of the world’s top pros scheduled to compete. Admission to the event is free.
- Google Cloud and FOX Sports to Transform Viewer Experiences with Generative AI
Taking advantage of Google Cloud’s gen AI technology through Vertex AI Vision, FOX Sports is able to quickly search footage from more than 1.9 million videos and produce new content in near real-time to delight and engage its global audiences.
- SKINS Brings Popular Golf Betting Games to iOS and Android
It uses GPS to locate nearby players and courses, guides players through wagers and game options, calculates players’ course handicaps, simplifying score entry and bet accounting for the math-weary.
- MetaMedia Named Exclusive Livestreaming Partner for ESPN and Theater Sports Network Partnership to Livestream NCAA College Football Games Into U.S. Cinemas
“We believe that theaters have the ability to generate excitement around live sporting events. These events will replicate the feel of a football stadium experience as fans gather and fill theaters to watch the games on the big screen,” said Scott Daw, President and COO of Theater Sports Network.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing North America Announces 2024 GR Cup Schedule
With three successful inaugural season races under its belt, TGRNA is continuing to partner with SRO America in 2024. And after its early success, the SRO has secured competitive racing for drivers and teams, once again, at some of the most iconic racing venues in North America.
- New Report by Quantum Consultancy Reveals Top 60 Global Sport Cities Dominating the Event Hosting Landscape for Multisport Games and World Championships
In total, 75 host nations and 330 host cities will have hosted this set of pinnacle events between 2021-2028, demonstrating greater diversity in the number and type of destinations hosting these events in comparison with previous years.
- The Tommy Group & YEA Networks Debut “Almost Pro: USC Football” Podcast
This groundbreaking new series will deliver a behind the scenes look into the world of NCAA college football with a focus on the USC Trojans and their journey toward their goal of the College Football Playoff National Championship.
- Major League Table Tennis Announces Picks for 2023 Draft
An impressive line-up of 64 players, hailing from 24 countries globally, are now officially drafted into 8 formidable teams representing 8 cities across the USA.
Read more of the latest sports-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNsports on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE PR Newswire
The above press release was provided courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions and statements in the press release are not endorsed by Gray Media Group nor do they necessarily state or reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.